How it Works
Physicians at Summerville Women's Care - Medical Plaza are certified in minimally invasive robotic surgery. Robotic surgery is a less invasive technique and offers several benefits, including a shorter hospital stay, less blood loss, fewer complications, less need for pain medicine, a faster recovery and minimal scarring. Surgeons using robotic surgery make a few small incisions and operate using tiny instruments. A camera provides a high-definition, 3D magnified view inside your body. Every hand movement your surgeon makes translates to the robotic system in real time to bend and rotate the instruments with precision.
Robotic surgery allows our physicians to treat gynecologic conditions that include hysterectomies, ovarian cysts, uterine prolapse and pelvic pain.
Why Robotic Surgery?
Benefits of robotic surgery for hysterectomy:
- Significantly less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
Questions you can ask your doctor:
- What medical and surgical options are available for me?
- Which is best for my situation?
- What are the differences between open, vaginal, laparoscopic, and robotic-assisted surgery?